My very own wine label...

It's funny how things happen. I was at my weekly sports league "Super Jocks" last week (an incredibly fun league where we makes fools of ourselves playing a different sport every week from Dodge ball to Water polo). I happened to be speaking with one woman in particular who works in graphic design, and after hearing I work in the wine industry, told me it has been her long time dream to design a label. I mentioned I would be seeing my boss the following week and would ask if we had a need for a new graphic designer.

Cut to my work retreat the next week at beautiful Sun Peaks in Kamloops, BC. We had a team meeting upon our arrival, and as the meeting was coming to a close they presented us with one last group challenge. We were to design a wine label for a red and white wine. The only information we were given was the region and blend.

We were divided into two teams and set to work.

I was fortunate enough to have some very talented, imaginative and creative folks in my group. I am very proud of the concept we came up with.

A sneak peak...



Once both teams finished, we presented our ideas to our manager and owner of the agency. We then found out not only are ALL labels going to be designed and printed, but they will be bringing in this wine to the market for us to sell!

I thought it was so ironic that I had just been talking about label design the week prior, and then had the opportunity to do it myself!

I cannot wait until this wine arrives so I can get my hands on it! Stay tuned!

Cheers
Lola

Comments

Popular Posts