Fun things with broccoli

You know when you're down to those last few stems of broccoli, maybe a couple lemons and a relatively empty fridge that you have to become really creative in determining what you're going to make for dinner? (mostly due to the fact that you're far too lazy to go to the grocery store.)

Enter me, Tuesday night.

Here's what I whipped up with what was remaining in my fridge:

Broccoli and Kalamata Olive Salad

1 bunch broccoli, finely chopped (no need for blanching)
10-15 kalamata olives, sliced
1 or 2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons of feta, crumbled
1 teaspoon of agave nectar syrup
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon olive oil
Juice of half a lemon

Mix all of that up into one gorgeous, crunchy and subtly sweet salad. (just drizzle the lemon, olive oil and agave after you've mixed all the ingredients together and stir well so that everything is nicely coated) In my case, I'm serving it with BLT's as those were the last few things I happened upon in my fridge!

Enjoy,
Lola

Comments

Taa said…
Hi

I love broccoli a lot, it is very very good for health

Love your blog a lot
wish you success

WWW.TAA.GE
Unknown said…
mmm, I love broccili! Especially this time of the year.. I find myself craving everything green.

xoxo
Karolina B-H said…
he he this sounds just like mo too :)
great idea!!
xxo

Popular Posts