Melty, cheesy, gooey sandwich recipe

Who doesn't love a good sandwich? Sure, I love a good mortadella on rye (side note - of which I just recently found out is Italian bologna - the days of me feeling bougie while eating it, sadly now gone)  but sometimes you have to take your game to the next level and create something truly prolific. (yes I just went there). I do believe, creating a memorable sandwich, really is an art. The ability to create cohesive flavours, and appropriately paired textures deserves a lot more credit than currently accorded. So, without further adieu - here is said sandwich I made recently that I feel is deserving of bountiful praise and crumbs all up in yo' beard.  And on top of all of this - it paired so unbelievably well with Le Vieux Pin's Sauvignon Blanc, I would be lying if I said this isn't something I've been thinking about a lot, lately. (yes, these are the complex and scrupulous thoughts that go through my head, shocking I know.)

Artichoke Pesto with Napa Slaw + Quail Eggs sandwich 




Artichoke Pesto

1 cup of marinated artichokes
1/2 cup of flat leaf/Italian parsley
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 or 2 cloves of garlic (depending how much you like garlic, I'm a savage so you know I'm putting at least two massive cloves in there)
1/4 cup of grana padano (vegans, you can omit the cheese for nutritional yeast instead)


Pulse all of the above together in a blender/magic bullet until smooth. This stores well, and will continue to improve flavour wise the longer you leave it in the fridge. 

Napa Slaw

1 cup of thinly sliced napa cabbage (use any type you like, I just really prefer the texture of napa)
Splash of white vinegar
1/2 cup mayo
S+P


Mix all of the above together, and let marinate for a few minutes to soften the cabbage


Slather your choice of bread on one side with the artichoke pesto, and the other with butter. Layer a few slices your choice of cheese, I went with old cheddar. Broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. While the sandwich is broiling, fry two quail eggs per sandwich, it doesn't take long for these babies to cook! Pile high with the napa slaw, thinly sliced red onions, cucumbers and sunny side up quail eggs. Pair with Le Vieux Pin Sauvignon Blanc, or your choice of producer. The natural herbaceous notes, and high acidity in sauvignon blanc work like a dream with this sandwich.


Enjoy!










Comments

mai anh van said…
Morgride believes that many Silicon Valley businesses will be decentralized quickly and that he does not appreciate the ability of the authorities to develop without the need for a complete management tool. Accordingly, Morgride has maintained a centralized organization.
gái gọi, gai goi ha noi, gai goi sinh vien, Gái gọi Mỹ Đình - Đình Thôn
LINH NGUYEN said…
I no question valuing every ultimate piece of it. It's miles a surprising internet site and higher than not unusual bestow. I should thankful. Incredible work! currency converter app
currency converter app
LINH NGUYEN said…
Thanks for the information. I follow your news daily. We would love to hear more from you, just keep posting. Cheers.
https://autoketing.com/project/discount-master
https://apps.shopify.com/discount-master
https://autoketing.com
LINH NGUYEN said…
email with love free app
apps autoketing
email with love download
After study a number of of the blog posts in your web site now, and I actually like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website record and will be checking again soon. Pls take a look at my website as well and let me know what you think
Unknown said…
What a fantabulous observe this has been. in no way seen this understandable of beneficial claim. i'm grateful to you and assume more quantity of posts at the side of those. thank you intensely a lot
Gái gọi cao cấp tphcm, Gái gọi tphcm, Gái gọi bình dương, Gái gọi đà nẵng, gái gọi Hà Đông, anh xes
LINH NGUYEN said…
Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it!
Games Flyordieio
Free Dynamons evolution
Crayon shinchan adventure online
Nguyen Linh said…
Hi, I check your blog like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up! I am really enjoying the theme/design of your website.
io jogos for kids
play free 2 player game
friv free online juegos
Nguyen Linh said…
Very great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing on your rss feed and I hope you write once more soon!
jogo io online
free online friv Games
play 2 player games

Popular Posts