Paco & Lola

That's right - I found a wine with my name on it. (my nickname, anyway) And it's delicious to boot!

This lovely little wine is made from the albariño grape from the Rias Baixas (Ree-as Buy-chez) region in north west Spain.




I came upon this wine while I was perusing a local wine retailer in town. They had it on their enomatic machine for tasting and it came highly recommended. The label was fun and flashy, it included my nickname and I have always been a fan of albariño. Not to mention the great price - $23.

I wasn't sure what I was going to use the wine for - perhaps a random Friday sipper or to bring to a party. But then the clouds parted and thunder clapped in the distance - we were having friends over for Sunday dinner and I had planned to make butter chicken - the albariño would pair perfectly!

This wine is delicious - plenty of lemon rind and honeysuckle on the nose and full of lush tropical fruits on the palate. It went deliciously with the richness of the butter chicken.

I'm not sure about you, but our dinner parties are almost always followed by living room dance parties, and this one was no exception.

My husband's new nickname is now Paco ;).

Cheers!
Lola

Comments

Popular Posts