Quick and easy homemade tomato soup...

I am a huge tomato fan...if it has tomatoes in it I am bound to like it! Hence why I enjoy making tomato based soups, stews and sauces on a regular basis.

My latest go to has been making my own tomato soup. Super quick, easy and very healthy (my specialty :) ).

Here's the version I made tonight:

1 can of diced tomatoes
A handful of green pimento olives
3 cloves of garlic
1 bunch of scallions, chopped
2 large handfuls of spinach, roughly chopped
1 tbsp of green chili hot sauce
1 tbsp of basil
2 tbsp olive oil
1 handful of crumbled feta
1/2 cup brown rice, cooked

Puree the diced tomatoes and get it simmering in a sauce pan with 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Puree the olives, garlic and remaining olive oil until it is smooth but still slightly chunky. Add the olive mixture, scallions, spinach, hot sauce, basil, feta and cooked brown rice to the pan with the tomato puree. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.

Serve piping hot and eat on its own, or with bread or crackers.

Yum!
Lola

Comments

Popular Posts