¡Hola!

Ok. I admit it. I've been horrible about updating my blog consistently. The number one tip given to me by other bloggers has been "blog daily, multiple times even, to keep your reader's attention." And at this, I have failed miserably!

Alas, what's in the past shall remain there, and I plan to start updating my blog with renewed vigour!

I have just returned from the most romantic, whimsical and brilliant holiday: Spain!

Working in the wine industry has a *few* perks. My work sent me to Spain to tour this winery:

And this one:


Short of writing an essay, having the opportunity to see both of these wineries was unreal. Seeing the vineyards, the grapes, the soil, the fermentation tanks, the labs..........it was all just spectacular. You can read about something a hundred times in a book but you'll never retain much of it until you experience it first hand. This couldn't be more true of my trip.

After a whirlwind week of winery tours, too many lavish dinners I lost count and a visit to a gay beach, my husband flew in to Barcelona so we could travel for 2 weeks together.

Here's a compilation of just a few of our highlights via photos:






Truly, a once in a lifetime trip that we both will never forget.

I also discovered a favourite new drink: cava sangria. Mix a bottle of cava with fresh wedges of lime, lemon and orange and add brown sugar (or don't if you prefer it dry) to your liking. Amazing!

Salut!
Lola

Comments

Popular Posts