Cava Sangria

I am still reliving many fond memories from my recent trip to Spain. One that stands out in particular, however, is being introduced to cava sangria.

Upon my arrival we were consuming obnoxious amounts of cava, Spain's very well known sparkling wine made from xarel-lo, macabeu and parellada grapes. In fact, I became so enamoured with the cava we were drinking, I named my brand new German Shepherd puppy after the same liking upon my return.

On a particularly beautiful day spent at a gay beach in a town called Sitges, we had a most beautiful lunch on the water and were introduced to cava sangria. It was made from a simple blend of cava, orange/lime/lemon slices, and a touch of brown sugar (or none at all if dry is your preference).

Just try and picture yourself here for a moment:



The notes of citrus were enhanced by the addition of the orange, lime and lemon slices, and the effervescence from the bubbles kept it refreshing on every sip. The touch of brown sugar added just a subtle sweetness to round out the flavour altogether. Perfection!

Surprisingly, I've yet to make a batch for myself here in Canada. But now that I've relived that experience I think that will be on the list this weekend...

Salut,
Lola


Comments

Popular Posts