Last minute ninja dinner

I have a love/hate relationship with whipping up last minute dinners. I love doing it because I can be creative and throw unique and different ingredients together. I can create something new and exciting I've never made before, and take inspiration from various styles of cuisine and regions to come up with something amazing. The hate part stems from dreading having to find this inspiration - sometimes I just don't feel like being creative and I just want to make one of my "old faithfuls", which can get boring and monotonous.

Last night I was feeling creative so I whipped up this tasty little dinner:

Asparagus and Black bean sauce served over whole wheat pasta



I sauteed one bunch of chopped asparagus with one onion over medium heat with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and a sprinkling of red chili flakes. Once the onions became soft and translucent, I added lean ground turkey and sauteed until it was done.  I then added some chopped garlic and a whole can of black beans, liquid included. I let that reduce for a few minutes, then tossed in my al dente whole wheat pasta. I let this simmer for a few minutes longer to allow the pasta to soak up any remaining liquid. Once finished, I tossed everything with fresh cilantro and grated Parmesan. I added salt and pepper to taste.

This was an incredibly filling and flavourful dish - one that I will definitely make again, and something different than your typical tomato sauce.

Cheers,
Lola


Comments

Popular Posts