Wine is for Wednesdays...and every other day

I was visiting some clients yesterday and was looking to pick up some wine for the weekend. Joe, the manager at one of my stores, Highlander Wine and Spirits recommended this one:

2009 Juan Gil Jumilla Monastrell


Am I ever glad I took his word! This wine was gorgeous for sipping with rich, dark, beautiful fruit that included but was certainly not limited to black berries, blueberries, cassis, plum, fruit leather, a hint of violets and just an ever so slight fluttering of white pepper on the finish. The acidity balanced out the fruit by keeping it from being too jammy, while the tannins were assertive, but not overpowering, just a gentle reminder they were there to keep the wine in balance. Ah, my mouth is watering just thinking about it again!

You can get this beauty for between $20-25. 

Enjoy!
Lola

Comments

Popular Posts