The Bachelor Finale and a glass (or two) of Mâcon-Verzé

I will guiltily admit I am a fan of The Bachelor. I am also lucky enough to have a few friends who will also bashfully engage in this viewing pleasure with me.


This season's bachelor, Ben Flajnik, owner and winemaker of Evolve Winery in Sonoma. Hey, I had to watch it, he's a winemaker - all in the name of research!

Monday was the night, and my girlfriend Julie invited me over for pizza, soup and the final episode of The Bachelor. I thought what better time to enjoy the Mâcon that had been patiently waiting in my wine fridge.


This beauty went perfectly with everything, from the parsnip and carrot soup to the roasted vegetable focaccia flat bread. The stone fruit and yellow apple of the Mâcon paired perfectly with the soup while the acidity contrasted nicely with the heaviness of the flat bread. Even on its own it was just so elegant, impeccable in balance, subtle on the nose and a finish that just kept on finishing. Delicious! Mâcon is a wonderfully affordable option when it comes to white Burgundy, found in the southern part of the region. If you're a fan of white Burgundy but don't want to break the bank, give Mâcon a go. It'll run you about $30. 

Thanks to Julie for sharing and enjoying it with me!

Cheers,
Lola

Comments

Popular Posts