Nachos for fancy people

I was feeling lazy last night so this is what I made. I've been on a bit of a trout kick lately. I find trout to be so versatile in the flavours you can meld it with, not to mention the trout I buy comes with the skin on and I'm pretty sure there is nothing more delicious on earth than perfectly crisped fish skin. Uh oh, my mouth just started watering thinking about it again.

Back to the nachos. Here's your first step:

Layer the following:

-any kind of nachos
-one bunch of scallions, chopped
-a cup or so of feta cheese, crumbled
-a cup or so of Romano cheese, grated

I did about 3-4 layers of this, then put it under the broiler for about 10 minutes, covered with tin foil (so it wouldn't burn, that broiler gets angry hot!)

Next I made my trout:

-2 full trout, skin on
-1 tbsp grape seed oil

On medium high heat, sear the trout for 2-3 minutes a side. Leave the skin on!! It's the best part. I usually save a little and share it with my dog, she's also a fan.

Finally, I made the salsa.

-1 bunch kale, finally chopped
-3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
-1 tsp coriander seeds, crush lightly with your knife
-juice of one lemon
-a drizzle of olive oil to your liking
-salt and pepper to taste

Toss this altogether until everything is mixed together in a beautiful marriage of flavour.

Break up your trout and sprinkle it over the nachos and serve with a side of the salsa. Add sour cream, guacamole, jalapeños or any other sides you care to enjoy the nachos with.

Here's what mine looked like:


There you have it! An easy , very delicious and quick dinner for deux.

Adios,
Lola

Comments

Popular Posts