That meal was delicious!

I have the best, most delicious and fastest recipe to share for dinner:

1 onion, diced
1 bag of frozen shrimp (peeled and de veined)
1 cup of white wine (in this case I used some leftover white Burgundy)
1 tablespoon of chili flakes (more or less depending on much you like heat)
2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped (frozen works too)
1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
Your choice of pasta, I used brown rice spaghetti
1 cup of pasta water (the starch from the pasta thickens the sauce)
1/2 cup of crumbled feta

Heat a sauce pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onion and saute until tender. De glaze the pan with the white wine and add the chili flakes. Add the shrimp, and cover. At the same time, cook your pasta. Allow this to cook for a few minutes on medium high heat. Uncover and add a couple spoonfuls of the pasta water to the shrimp mixture. Add the chopped spinach, cilantro and feta. Keep the heat on medium high and allow the sauce to simmer for a good 5-8 minutes for it to reduce and thicken. Finish with the juice of half a lemon.

Remove from heat and serve over your pasta.

This should take you no longer than 15 minutes from cutting board to serving platter. The great thing about this recipe is that it is entirely versatile. I've made this without the feta, but with tomatoes, sometimes I'll use kale, other times I'll use squid instead of shrimp. If I don't have white wine on hand I'll substitute it for a little more citrus.

Play around with it...it's quick, easy and super healthy!

In the words of my husband... "That meal was delicious!"

Cheers
Lola

Comments

Popular Posts