Why are you opening that? Because I feel like it.

Most people don't relish in luxuries unless there's a celebration to justify it. I see things a little differently, however. I love opening special bottles for absolutely no reason. 

A Margaine NV Brut Rosé Champagne



For about $50 on the shelf, you too can relish in this beautiful rosé for absolutely no reason. I find we often hold on to rare wines, expensive perfumes, a vintage piece of jewelry, always waiting for that "special occasion" to enjoy it. My view: why wait? Enjoy it now before it's too late! That being said, a wait can be worth it, especially if you're aging a wine to see how it can develop over time. In all other cases, open that bottle of Priorat or Gruner Veltliner and enjoy it with your Tuesday night dinner. Suddenly it will become a special occasion!
This rosé in particular is comprised of 80% Chardonnay and 20% Pinot Noir. Everything about it screamed elegance: the creamy mousse, the tightly coiled strands of bubbles dancing in the glass like my Grandmother's pearls, the subtle notes of brioche, toasted almonds, and a beautiful medley of wild strawberries and sour cherries.

I cannot describe to you how incredibly delicious it was! The only downfall I can think of is that less than 600 cases of it were produced!

If you're lucky enough to find it...grab it and have it next Wednesday night...just because.



Comments

Popular Posts