Chardonnay - it's sexy....again?


Have you ever tasted a wine you can simply mull over for hours, and every time you go back for another sniff and sip, you smell yet another intoxicating aroma?

Go no farther than the 2014 Fitzpatrick Big Leap Chardonnay. I pass by this winery on my way home from work every day and finally took the time to swing by and do a quick tasting.

I did not leave disappointed!

This 100% chardonnay comes from their own vineyards in Summerland, is fermented with wild yeast and is entirely barrel fermented of which 15% is new French oak.

My boyfriend and I sat down to enjoy this a few nights ago and no exaggeration I think we discussed it for nearly an hour, it was that good. Or maybe we're just complete goons who have absolutely nothing better to talk about than Chardonnay.

Think - freshly baked croissants - ok so now you have that aroma in your head - you know when freshly baked pastry has that slightly tangy/sour note to it? Ok stay there - then imagine this perfectly baked croissant that's still warm and fresh from the oven - has been drizzled with thinly sliced, toasted almonds, and then topped with some syrup and butter. OH EM GEE. It's so good!

I think it's around $20-25 which makes no sense for how delicious it is.

So yeah....Chardonnay definitely is sexy. Again. Or always was.

Comments

Popular Posts