Tuesday means Carbonara and Chardonnay...

Woah.

This little symphony of flavour was completely unexpected and a last minute throw together as I was deciding what to make for dinner this uneventful Tuesday evening. I had some leftover bacon from Sunday breakfast, parsley, pasta, and the typical staples you should always find in your pantry.

What I ended up with: a carbonara fit for a king! (or, a nice hearty meal my husband so desperately begs for far too often. I'm a full time health nut but when I indulge I go full throttle!)



Not being one to shy away from a little indulgence I decided I should kick it up a notch and add some wine to the mix. I just happened to have a tasty little ditty hanging around in my wine fridge:



Road 13 Jackpot 2007 Chardonnay, Oliver, BC

What a beautiful gem this one is. Plenty of yellow apple, apple sauce, a little spice, a hint of minerality, plenty of tropical fruit and a lovely creaminess balanced with nice acidity on the finish.



This was a perfect pairing with the carbonara as the fruit balanced out the saltiness of the dish, while the acidity of the wine cut through the greasy bacon and cheese. Perfection on a plate.

The best part: it took a mere 15 minutes to throw together.

Good thing I have basketball league tonight...I don't even want to guess how many calories I just consumed. At least my husband will appreciate it :).

Lola

(apologies for lack of photos, but my blogsite was having technical difficulties. I will update when things are back in order)

Comments

Popular Posts