A whirlwind week of wine

My apologies for the delayed post - it has been an incredibly busy week!

I had the amazing opportunity to meet Christopher Canaan of Europvin through my agency. It has been attested that he is single handedly responsible for putting Priorat on the map (a wine producing region in Northern Spain) He was in town to check out how the Calgary market is doing, see some old friends, and of course drink some wine :). The night he arrived we put a dinner together with some of the crew from Metrovino at Farm. Richard Harvey did not disappoint and brought along this gem:

Domaine Des Comtes Lafon Puligny-Montrachet-Champgain, Premier Cru, 2002


This is a wine that not many (here in Calgary anyway) have the opportunity to drink. If I remember correctly, Richard told us that only 6 bottles of this stuff were imported. (Thanks Christopher!)

Still incredibly vibrant and fresh, we were all amazed at how well this wine was drinking. With plenty of minerality and floral notes, this danced on my palate.

I continue to be baffled at the opportunites that are presented to me daily. Trying wines I never would have otherwise, meeting icons in the industry and, most importantly, constantly learning. I can hardly contain my excitement for what else is to come!

I'll be talking about more of the wines we tasted in later posts.

Cheers
Lola


Comments

Popular Posts