Hearty food warms the soul

I just thought I'd share a quick, easy and delicious casserole I made for dinner last night. Cold weather always puts me in the mood for some nice hearty comfort food so this is what I threw together.

I sauteed two diced onions, four cloves of garlic and one package of ground lean turkey.

While that was sauteing, I cooked two cups of brown rice.

On the side I chopped one bunch of asparagus, a good chunk of feta and opened a can of diced tomatoes.

Then, I layered.

First I covered the bottom of the casserole dish with all of the rice. Next I covered the rice with the sauteed onion, garlic and turkey mixture. This heap received a generous sprinkling of feta cheese, followed by the chopped asparagus and half of the diced tomatoes. Another layer of cheese was sprinkled, followed by a heaping amount of spinach and finally finished off with the remaining tomatoes.

I put this in the oven for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

It was completely delicious, filling and heart warming. The best part is there was enough for lunch and dinner leftovers tonight!

Lola

Comments

Popular Posts