Ramping up for the bubbly party.

As some of you may know, I will be hosting my 2nd annual ladies only wine tasting party this weekend. This year's theme: sparkling wine.

While I was out working today, I stopped by one of my favourite wine boutiques, Metrovino, to pick up a few bottles for the party. Seeing as the weather has been cold and snowy, this somehow became a good enough justification to myself to purchase a bottle to consume tonight.

Here's what I decided to drink:

Lini 910 Lambrusco Scuro

This is made from 85% Salamino and 15% Ancellotta. I'd never tried this particular bottle before, so I was pleasantly surprised when I poured my first glass and out came a rich, bloody red sparkling wine. It is just as rich on the palate with blackberry, blueberry, licorice, fruit leather and just a hint of tannin. It has a nice weight but is not overly heavy in alcohol at only 11%.  About $21.

Yowza - not what I was expecting but quite a nice surprise.

Cheers
Lola

Comments

Popular Posts