Something yummy

What's the first thing that comes to mind when I say cider? For me, it would most likely be BC Growers. For that reason, I rarely drink cider. However, there are plenty of great quality, well made ciders that aren't obliterated by obscene amounts of sugar in the market.

Here is one in particular which I tried recently at Farm Restaurant in Calgary.

Michel Jodoin, Sparkling Rosé Cider, Quebec



 This cider is made entirely of a variety of apple called Geneva, which is a red flesh fruit, giving the cider its lovely rosey tint. Low in alcohol, with a perfect balance of sweetness and acid, this was wonderful with a platter of cheese and charcuterie. It gave a whole new meaning to the word "cider" and definitely opened my eyes to the fact that there are more than just the BC Grower's out there. I also love that it is a Canadian product.

If you can find it in your market, I highly suggest you try it.


For more information.

Lola


Comments

Popular Posts